Our Faith Statement:
We are Trinity: Created by God, Renewed by Christ, Transformed by the Spirit, to Share God's Love.
JUNE 14th at 9am
WE WILL BE RE-OPENING FOR
IN HOUSE GATHERINGS.
IF YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE ATTENDING,
YOU MAY SIT IN YOUR VEHICLES IN THE PARKING LOT
AND TUNE INTO OUR RADIO STATION FM 99.9
VBS & EWALU
Due to the Coronavirus, the day-camp (VBS) scheduled for June 22-26 has been canceled. The EWALU Board of Directors had made a decision to cancel our offsite day-camp program. EWALU was hoping to move forward with Summer camping beginning June 28. However, this date is subject to change. Thank you!
If you would like to continue giving---there are some offering options available:
ONLINE: Tithe.ly! Use the website "Tithe.ly" or download the app and search "Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church" and pick Walford. Options are available for one-time or recurring giving. https://get.tithe.ly/
MAIL your offering to:
Trinity Lutheran Church
P.O. Box 336
Walford, IA 52351
Deuteronomy 16:17 — “Every man shall give as he is able, according to the blessing of the LORD your God which He has given you.”
Thank you---Keep each other lifted up in prayer, and be encouraged that we serve a living God!
Join us for Worship @tlcwalford
UPDATE ON SERVICES DURING COVID 19:
Beginning: JUNE 14th AT 9 am
WE WILL BE RE-OPENING FOR IN HOUSE GATHERINGS
IF YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE--YOU CAN TUNE INTO OUR RADIO STATION FM 99.9
At this time, there will be No Fellowship, Sunday School, or Adult Bible Study.
NORMAL SERVICE HOURS
Sunday Worship Service: 9:00 a.m.
Fellowship: 10:00 a.m.
Sunday School & Adult Bible Study: 10:25 a.m.
A Note From Council President:
Update on the Church and COVID-19
The Church Council met on June 2nd and discussed the re-opening of the church. The decision has been made that we will start having an “in-person gathering” on June 14th. If you feel uncomfortable coming into the church you come and sit in your car in the parking lot and listen to the service on our radio station FM 99.9.
Based on recommendations from the Synod--The following policies will be in the place when we reopen:
- Masks will be required when in the church, so we can protect each other. We encourage you to bring your own mask and gloves (gloves are not required). We will also have masks available.
- Entering and leaving the church: One set of doors will be used when entering and the other set when leaving. Doors will be propped open to avoid contact. Any personal items must stay in your possessions. (Purses, coats, etc.)
- Greeters and Ushers: There will not be any Greeters at this time and Ushers will not be handing out bulletins. They will be placed on a small table in the Narthex. Members should not congregate in the Narthex. We know that, after being apart for some weeks the natural inclination is to greet each other and talk with each other, but we must practice social distancing.
- Sanctuary seating: When we move to our pews we need to observe CDC recommended guidelines of sitting 6 feet apart from others who are not immediate family. Pews will be taped off to maintain the 6’ guideline.
- Communion: Communion will be administered with wafers only and by continuous flow allowing the social distancing of 6 feet to be maintained. Aisles will be marked.
- Offering: Offering plate will be placed on a small table in the Narthex.
- Children's Sermon: No Children’s Sermons at this time.
- Music/Singing: No singing will be allowed at this time. It is one of the riskiest behaviors due to the spread of aerosol and droplets that can carry a significant distance. With safety conditions in mind, we may have Special Music. (One Person). The Clavinova will be used.
- Sharing of the Peace. Only allowed to stand and do a wave or offer a reverent bow. Or “peace be with you”.
- Nursery Care: No nursery care at this time will be provided. No children’s bags available.
- Fellowship: No fellowship at this time.
- Pastor: Pastor will greet people at the end of the service but there will be no handshakes or any form of close contact.
- No water fountains will be available.
- Restrooms will be open and may be used -- using social distancing.
These guidelines are for the immediate period following reopening. Should the situation with the Virus improve, changes will be made to our practices.
I understand there will be a lot of uncertainty if you want to attend “ in house gathering” and that is perfectly fine. I encourage you to still come and listen to the service in the parking lot, via the radio station FM 99.9.
I would like to emphasize the following:
- Stay home when sick.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use inside of elbow.
- Wash your hands often.
- Limit close contact with others as much as possible. (At least 6 feet).
I appreciate your cooperation in following these policies during these unprecedented times. By the loving grace of God we will get through this together.
I know these are difficult times, but please keep in mind the expenses of the church are ongoing. Your kind support of the Church is very much appreciated and can be mailed to the Church at : P.O. Box 336, Walford, IA 52351.
God Bless You All,